Below are a few of the questions I usually ask to help design your garden. Please read through the entire questionnaire before we meet so that we can use our time most efficiently. It is also helpful for me to have pictures showing garden ideas that you like as well as a list of preferred plants. Thank you.
- How much time do you typically spend outside and where?
- Do your outdoor seating areas and walkways accommodate your needs?
- How long have you lived in the house? Will this home be a long term investment?
- Do you like to entertain, eat , or cook outdoors?
- Do you have small children? How many? Do you have pets?
- Do you want any turf? flower gardens? vegetable / fruit / herb gardens?
- Does your family enjoy outdoor sports? Which ones?
- Would you be interested in any out buildings such as pergolas, gazebos, arbors, potting sheds, etc?
- Do you like to travel and would you want an irrigation system for turf or garden beds, or both?
- Do you have a general budget in mind? And have you previously worked with a landscape designer or contractor?
- Would you be interested in a water feature in your garden?
- Is the outdoor lighting adequate in your garden?
- Are there times of the year when you are not in residence?